While I have never actually driven a truck or owned one myself, I definitely have a love for and fascination with trucks – especially old trucks. One could almost say I am a little ADD when it comes to spotting such trucks on photographers sites. I can be scrolling down looking at all the beautiful eye candy and then suddenly – BAM! – there’s a truck and you’ve got my full attention!
So what is this fasciation I have with old trucks? Why do I love them so? Let’s make a list…
- The variety – all different shapes and sizes (Haven’t you noticed that so many trucks and cars these days look the same?)
- The different colors from bright, candy apple red to brilliant teals
- The texture – from the rust covered outer shell of a beat up rig to the shiny new paint job of a completely refurbished model
- The style – whether you’re planning a wedding (or styled engagement shoot) that is decidedly retro, vintage, modern, contemporary, rustic or glam, the truck works ‘em all.
- It makes for a great prop! If you’re looking for a fun prop for your engagement, wedding or any other kind of photo shoot, look for an old truck. Hop in and start clicking! Don’t forget to kick up your heels and smooch! ;)
Here are some of my favorite truck shots that do just that!
One of my favorites! Because I just love candy apple red. :)
I so need an old truck in my front yard just so I can do this and then take a picture of it – wouldn’t it make an awesome Christmas card? And I know Alexandra wants an old truck at her wedding for obvious photographic reasons listed above! ;)
Have I inspired you to have a love of trucks yet?